The Shandean™ is a scholarly journal dedicated to the life, work and times of Laurence Sterne (1713-1768).
Founded in 1989, it has earned an unequalled reputation for promoting research into all aspects of Sterne’s life and writing, foregrounding new discoveries in the field, and illuminating many aspects of Sterne’s reception, with a particular strength in material and visual culture.
The Shandean™ is published by The International Laurence Sterne Foundation, and edited by:
* Peter de Voogd, University of Utrecht, general editor
* Jessy van Geloven, Amsterdam, business editor & webmaster
* W.B. Gerard, Auburn University at Montgomery †
* Paul Goring, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
* M-C. Newbould, University of Cambridge
* Brian Michael Norton, California State University, book review editor
* Helen Williams, Northumbria University
The Editors aim to expand the reach and the appeal of The Shandean’s vital work to promote its academic status as a forum for innovative, peer-reviewed research. Continuing to print scholarly essays and notes addressing aspects of Sterne’s life and work, The Shandean also invites discussion of Sterne within the broader contexts of eighteenth-century literature and culture.
Offers of articles, notes and queries, and books for review
The Editors welcome articles on all aspects of the Age of Sterne, his impact on material culture and visual depiction, on related cultural topics such as the Grand Tour, sentimentalism and the abolition movement, and on reception (imitations, afterlife, translations, adaptations). Please note that The Shandean is external peer reviewed, for the procedure see the Notes for contributors.
Please send your offers of articles, notes and queries, and books for review to:
Peter de Voogd
3583 JL Utrecht